双语美文:柠檬汁的哲学
So, in fifth grade,
事情是这样的,在我上五年级的时候
my backpack was stolen from my dad's car,
有人从我爸爸的车里偷走了我的背包
which had my binder
背包里有我的活页夹
which had all my school stuff in it,
所有的课业资料都在里面
and a few other valuables,
还有几样我十分珍视的东西
like I used to and still like to write stories,
比如,那时我很喜欢写故事,现在我依旧如此
and it had notebooks in it
活页夹里有一个笔记本
that I had stories
里面有我写的故事
in that I have been working on for quite a while.
这些故事我已经认真琢磨了许久
And when my dad had come
那时我爸爸来到我的房间
and woken me up
叫醒我
to tell me that his car was broken into
告诉我他的车被人撬开了
and my backpack was stolen,
我的背包被偷走了
I was [en]devastated
[/en]
我深受打击
and crying for about a half an hour to an hour.
足足哭了将近一个小时
Then I decided to go to school with absolutely nothing.
然后,我决定不带任何东西去上学
My 5th grade teacher, Miss Taylor,
五年级的老师,Taylor老师
was really sweet
是个非常好的人
and kind to me and understanding,
她十分和蔼,又善解人意
and she gave me an extra binder that she had,
她把自己的一本超大号的活页夹送给了我
and to help personalize it,
为了标明它归属于我
she got out a piece of paper,
她拿出一页纸
and started writing my name in a cool font,
开始用非常好看的字体写我的名字
because she was really good at fonts.
她的艺术字写的非常好看
She then gave it to me
接着,她把它交给我
and said
说到
"here, color it in",
给你,把它图上颜色吧
and I was devastated of her kindness.
我为她的善良感动不已
But still to this day
可是直到今天
I haven't colored it in.
我还没有给它图上颜色
But sometimes
不过,有时
I still look at it
我还是会看着那本活页册
and appreciate what she had done for me that day.
欣赏之中想着,那一天她为我做了一件多么好的事呀
But here's something even better:
不过,那天还发生了更好的事情
later that same day,
同一天晚些时候
Miss Taylor had gotten a call from the office
Taylor老师从办公室里接了一个电话
and when she had gotten off the phone,
当她放下电话时
she had said exactly this:
我至今清清楚楚记得她这样说道
"Zoe, A miracle has happened!
Zoe,奇迹发生了!
Someone found your binder!",
有人找到了你的活页册
And I zoomed down to the office,
我一路冲到办公室
and got my binder.
终于拿回了自己的活页册
It was really stuffed full,
里面塞得满满的
because the person that had found it
因为找到这本活页册的人
had stuffed all the other stuff
把其他的东西也塞了进去
that the robber had [en]dumped
out all the stuff in my backpack[/en]
小偷把我背包里所有的东西都倒了出来
and just took my backpack,
只拿走了我的背包
but that person had stuffed all that stuff inside of my binder.
捡到的人把所有被倒出来的东西都塞进了我的活页册
When I opened it
当我打开它时
I saw all my stuff including an envelope .
我看到自己所有的东西都在里面,还有一只信封
On the back of the envelope
信封背面上
it they had written
写着一行字
"I'm sorry all your stuff got stolen.
我和抱歉,你的背包被偷走了
but I hope this helps"
但我希望这会让你感到欣慰
and I opened the envelope
我打开信封
and it had $20 in it,
发现里面有20美元
that the person that found all the stuff
是那个找到所有这些东西的人
had put in the envelope
把这些钱放进信封
so that I could buy more school stuff!
好让我重新去买学校里需要的文具!
I just think that that was such a kind act!
我想,这是多么令人赞叹的善举!
So it turns out that
所以,这件事证明
there are lots of people out there that are kind,
世界上有许多人,他们心底良善
and can bring back faith and hope to humanity,
可以让人们重拾对人性的信任和希望
and that teachers can make the best of the worst.
而辛勤的园丁,能够让最坏的成为最好的
So if something bad happens
所以,如果糟糕的事情发生了
and you ever feel down,
如果你感到沮丧
just remember that,
请记住
if life gives you lemons
如果生活给了你酸涩的柠檬
make lemonade,
不妨做成爽口的柠檬汁
and remember that
请记住
there are some good people out there in the world.
世界上总有一些好人在
-
无相关信息
- Beauty 美丽人生 记住美妙的时刻美好的感觉
- 双语:以色列研究 中国长城并不全是用来防御
- 双语:欧洲博物馆很多文物是从非洲抢来的,非洲想要回去
- 双语:疫情之下,印度出现各种防疫智商税
- 双语阅读:必胜客和肯德基都要卖人造肉产品
- 双语美文阅读:人类首次造出六边形的盐
- 双语美文:无家可归的大学生活 是命运对我最好的赏赐
- 双语美文:深呼吸,然后相信
- 双语美文:简单的赞美 好过一切套路!
- 双语:日本陷入经济衰退了
- 双语:星巴克的瓶装星冰乐,一直被误解了
- 双语美文:有时候,快乐不必舍近求远
- 科学家创造出一种新植物,一辈子都会发光
- 双语美文:坐在我身后的那家人 谢谢你们
- 双语美文:做自己就好
- 肯德基新推出人造素食炸鸡,大受好评
- 养蜂是个不环保的产业,对人类和蜜蜂都有害
- 新研究:女人在职场中更需要被人喜欢
- 双语美文:生命是一场荣耀的冒险
- 双语美文:仰望日出的鹿
- 黄庭坚《水调歌头·游览》我欲穿花寻路 直入白云深处
- 黄庭坚《品令·茶词》恰如灯下 故人万里 归来对影
- 杜荀鹤《溪兴》山雨溪风卷钓丝 瓦瓯篷底独斟时
- 储光羲《张谷田舍》一径入寒竹 小桥穿野花
- 赵嘏《寒塘》晓发梳临水 寒塘坐见秋
- 蔡确《夏日登车盖亭》纸屏石枕竹方床 手倦抛书午梦长
- 李峤《书》河图八卦出 洛范九畴初
- 刘长卿《饯别王十一南游》长江一帆远 落日五湖春
- 韦庄《章台夜思》芳草已云暮 故人殊未来
- 卢纶《宿澄上人院》竹窗闻远水 月出似溪中
- 孟浩然《留别王侍御维》只应守寂寞 还掩故园扉
- 苏轼《南乡子·送述古》归路晚风清 一枕初寒梦不成
- 王维《木兰柴》秋山敛馀照 飞鸟逐前侣
- 王维《栾家濑》跳波自相溅 白鹭惊复下
- 苏轼《少年游·润州作代人寄远》对酒卷帘邀明月 风露透窗纱
- 苏轼《行香子·过七里濑》一叶舟轻 双桨鸿惊 水天清 影湛波平
- 王维《汉江临泛》江流天地外 山色有无中
- 柳宗元《溪居》晓耕翻露草 夜榜响溪石
- 杜牧《赠宣州元处士》蓬蒿三亩居 宽于一天下
- 项鸿祚《清平乐·池上纳凉》水天清话 院静人销夏