双语美文:生命是一场荣耀的冒险
I was ten years old
那时我十岁
riding my bicycle
骑着自己的自行车
at break-neck speed
速度足以让我摔断脖子
down a hill near my home.
从家附近的山坡上向下俯冲
This was long before bike helmets were used
自行车头盔是很久之后才发明的
Only a month before
就在一个月之前
I had hit a rock in the road,
我撞到马路上的一块石头
flown over my handlebars
从车把手前面飞了出去
and smashed open my skull .
脑瓜开了瓢
I had walked home bleeding,
我浑身是血,走回了家
terrified my Mom,
吓坏了我的母亲
and gotten a trip to the hospital
去了一趟医院
to have my skull stitched shut again.
才把我的脑壳缝合好了
The memory of a boy is brief, however,
可是,小男孩都是好了伤疤忘了疼
so here I was back on my bike,
所以此刻我又在自己的自行车上了
flying fearlessly down a hill again.
义无反顾,飞也似地从山坡上往下冲
I was picking up speed
我一路加速
as I neared a curve in the road.
很快冲到马路上的一个拐弯处
I started to hit my brakes when I saw it:
直到我看到一样东西,才开始猛踩刹车
a pothole in the road.
马路上有一个大坑!
Not wanting to go flying over my handlebars again
我可不想第二次从车把手前面飞出去
I twisted my wheel
我调转车头
and stomped on my foot brakes
踩住脚下的刹车
as hard as I could.
用尽全力
I could hear the tires skidding
我听到轮胎摩擦地面的声音
as I flew off the bike.
接着就从车上飞了起来
Thankfully,
幸好
this time I landed on my back
这次我是背部着地
and in the soft grass
底下是柔软的草地
of the field along the side of the road.
原来是路边的一块草坪
I got up and laughed.
我站起来,大笑起来
I was happy to be alive
我为自己还活着感到高兴
and ready for one more ride
准备好了再骑一次
before heading home.
然后再回家
These days
如今
I am fifty one years old
我已经五十一岁了
and my bike riding days are far behind me.
骑着自行车撒野的岁月早已离我而去
I try not to stress my guardian too much these days either.
不过,我仍不敢让自己的看护人过于心力憔悴
I am sure
我很确信
I made him work hard enough when I was a boy.
当自己年少的时候,我已经给他添了够多的麻烦了
These days
如今
my adventures involve
我的冒险举动包括
hugging my boys
拥抱我的两个儿子
and petting my dogs.
轻拍我的狗
Still,
仍然
each day
每天
when I wake up in the morning
当我早上起床的时候
I am happy to be alive.
我为自己活着感到高兴
Each day when I open my eyes
每天我睁开眼睛的时候
I am ready
我都准备好了
for one more ride through this life
在这趟生命之旅中再骑一次
before heading home.
在我回“家”之前
I am not sure
我不知道
how many days, months, or years I have left
自己还剩下多少天,多少个月,抑或多少年
but I am determined
但我决心
to live them all in laughter, love and joy.
要用欢笑,爱和喜悦度过每一天
Life is a glorious adventure .
生命是一次荣耀的冒险
Its most exciting parts, though ,
不过,这旅行中最精彩的时刻
aren’t when you risk your neck.
却不是你差点摔断脖子的时候
They are when you share your heart.
而是你将自己的心意分享出去的时候
May you give your love freely,
愿你能自由的播撒自己的爱
to yourself,
愿你爱自己
and to everyone else.
也爱所有其他的人
May you make your ride through this life
希望你能让自己在这一世的旅行
a joyous one for everyone you can.
让尽可能多的人感到快乐
- Beauty 美丽人生 记住美妙的时刻美好的感觉
- 双语:以色列研究 中国长城并不全是用来防御
- 双语:欧洲博物馆很多文物是从非洲抢来的,非洲想要回去
- 双语:疫情之下,印度出现各种防疫智商税
- 双语阅读:必胜客和肯德基都要卖人造肉产品
- 双语美文阅读:人类首次造出六边形的盐
- 双语美文:无家可归的大学生活 是命运对我最好的赏赐
- 双语美文:深呼吸,然后相信
- 双语美文:简单的赞美 好过一切套路!
- 双语:日本陷入经济衰退了
- 双语:星巴克的瓶装星冰乐,一直被误解了
- 双语美文:有时候,快乐不必舍近求远
- 科学家创造出一种新植物,一辈子都会发光
- 双语美文:坐在我身后的那家人 谢谢你们
- 双语美文:做自己就好
- 肯德基新推出人造素食炸鸡,大受好评
- 养蜂是个不环保的产业,对人类和蜜蜂都有害
- 新研究:女人在职场中更需要被人喜欢
- 双语美文:生命是一场荣耀的冒险
- 双语美文:仰望日出的鹿
- 黄庭坚《水调歌头·游览》我欲穿花寻路 直入白云深处
- 黄庭坚《品令·茶词》恰如灯下 故人万里 归来对影
- 杜荀鹤《溪兴》山雨溪风卷钓丝 瓦瓯篷底独斟时
- 储光羲《张谷田舍》一径入寒竹 小桥穿野花
- 赵嘏《寒塘》晓发梳临水 寒塘坐见秋
- 蔡确《夏日登车盖亭》纸屏石枕竹方床 手倦抛书午梦长
- 李峤《书》河图八卦出 洛范九畴初
- 刘长卿《饯别王十一南游》长江一帆远 落日五湖春
- 韦庄《章台夜思》芳草已云暮 故人殊未来
- 卢纶《宿澄上人院》竹窗闻远水 月出似溪中
- 孟浩然《留别王侍御维》只应守寂寞 还掩故园扉
- 苏轼《南乡子·送述古》归路晚风清 一枕初寒梦不成
- 王维《木兰柴》秋山敛馀照 飞鸟逐前侣
- 王维《栾家濑》跳波自相溅 白鹭惊复下
- 苏轼《少年游·润州作代人寄远》对酒卷帘邀明月 风露透窗纱
- 苏轼《行香子·过七里濑》一叶舟轻 双桨鸿惊 水天清 影湛波平
- 王维《汉江临泛》江流天地外 山色有无中
- 柳宗元《溪居》晓耕翻露草 夜榜响溪石
- 杜牧《赠宣州元处士》蓬蒿三亩居 宽于一天下
- 项鸿祚《清平乐·池上纳凉》水天清话 院静人销夏