双语美文:在生命的旅途上轻装简行
While writing this impromptu story,
写着这篇即兴而来的文章的时候
I am lying down in bed being absolutely sick
我正躺在床上床上,病魔缠身
and just being all around negative.
满心只有消极的想法
Suddenly, I thought of a positive story
忽然,我想到了一个积极向上的故事
that I just want to share with anyone who reads this.
我想要与读到这篇文章的人分享
So here goes my story.
我的故事是这样的
I was an active kid growing up,
小时候我一直是个活泼好动的孩子
one who skips classes to play 8 hours of basketball
我会逃课,去玩8小时的篮球
and still cycle few kilometers back home on a crappy bicycle
然后骑着一辆破破烂烂的自行车行驶数公里的路程回家
and repeat this everyday.
每天如此
I would even take that crappy bicycle
我甚至会骑着那辆破破烂烂的自行车
and travel long distances on it with a bunch of friends
和一群朋友一起长途旅行
without a care in the world.
心里没有任何烦恼
It was fun and simple times back then.
那是多么快乐而简单的时光啊
As the years go by,
随着年岁渐长
I was diagnosed with a series of acute conditions
我被诊断出患有几种严重的疾病
which made it difficult for me to exercise.
让我很难锻炼身体
And soon, the weights started pounding up
很快我的体重就长了上来
over the years
经年累月
and my condition just kept getting worse and out of control
我的身体状况越来越糟糕,以致难以控制
which resulted in a very fatal condition called laziness.
最终的结果是,我患上了一种致命的疾病,懒癌
I find myself dragging my feet to go for a run or a stroll ,
我发现自己打不起精神去跑步或者散步
and often find excuses to rest.
总会找借口中途休息
The only motivation for me to go long distances now is food,
现在唯一能激励我多走路的动力就是食物
which explains the size of my belly.
这也就是我大腹便便的原因
However, I do remember a weekend
可是,我却记得有一个周末
when I woke up exhausted
我醒来后感到十分疲乏
after a 14 hour shift work the previous night,
因为前一晚值了14个小时的班
and felt motivated enough to go for a quick stroll in the park.
我感到自己鼓足了斗志,想要在公园里小小的散个步
It was a pleasant cloudy Saturday afternoon
那是一个明媚的周六下午,天空中有朵朵白云
when I walked along the beach enjoying the breeze
我走在海边的沙滩上,感受清风拂面
and looking at kids throwing stones into the sea.
看着孩子们把石子投入海中
I stopped, sat down
我停下脚步,坐下来
and just took in the whole view of the sea and the people on the beach.
纵然整片海域的景色,还有沙滩上的人们
Now, I want you to humor me for a minute,
现在,我想请各位为我办一个一分钟的小忙
close your eyes
请闭上你的眼睛
and picture yourself standing/ sitting at the beach
想象自己站或者坐在沙滩上
just looking at the sea.
静静的看着大海
Do you see an end of it?
你看到大海的尽头了吗
Some people may answer as
也许有人会回答说
"Nothing, just an endless stretch of the sea".
“没有,我只看到了一望无垠的海平面”
We are like the pebbles or rocks on the beach that are being thrown into the sea.
我们就像海边的鹅卵石或者砾石,被抛入海中
It represents the burdens that we are carrying
这些石块象征着我们背负的负担
when we are going towards the end of the sea.
当我们走向大海的尽头
Some of them heavy,
有些石块很重
while some lighter as compared to others.
有些则比较轻
The lighter the stone is,
石块越是轻盈
the likely possibility of going further is much better than a big boulder
比起那些大块的岩石,它们就有可能飞得更远
The matters of the heart are complicated
人心是多么复杂
and it definitely takes a toll on us.
心里的负担总会压在我们身上
Failed relationships,
终结的恋情
Resentment, betrayal, hate, self loathing
怨怼,背叛,仇恨,还有自我厌弃
and the list goes on.
还有很多很多
And then there is the physical aspects like our appearances,
还有我们外在的各种条件,比如相貌
self esteem, medical conditions or defects etc.
自尊心,身体状况,性格缺点等等
All these burdens adds up,
这些负担重重累积
and you may find yourself drowning or suffering whenever you take a further step into the unknown sea.
你会发现自己沉溺下去,饱受折磨,每当你像未知的海域迈出一步
the takeaway is this.
请记住
We have the power to do many things
我们有能力做好很多事
and we are also made that way.
我们生来就有这些能力
I find that 'forgiveness' is a powerful word
我发现“原谅”是一个非常强大的字眼
and emotion when it comes to matters of the heart.
如果从心的角度来看,原谅也是一种情感
That moment when you decide to let go and say I forgive you
在你决定放手,决定说出“我原谅你”的那一刻
really pulls the weight off of you.
你会感到自己一身轻松
And it is especially important to learn to forgive yourself.
尤其重要的是,学会原谅自己
We are flawed and make mistakes,
我们都有缺陷,我们都会犯错
but we can always learn to stand up,
但我们总能学会跌倒了再站起来
dust off and keep moving forward to the ever elusive end.
拍拍身上的泥灰,继续走向未知的彼岸
The journey is never ending and grueling at times,
这旅途没有尽头,有时你会筋疲力尽
but it sure makes it easier when we learn to lighten the load.
如果我们知道如何轻装前行,我们的脚步会更加轻快
-
无相关信息
- Beauty 美丽人生 记住美妙的时刻美好的感觉
- 双语:以色列研究 中国长城并不全是用来防御
- 双语:欧洲博物馆很多文物是从非洲抢来的,非洲想要回去
- 双语:疫情之下,印度出现各种防疫智商税
- 双语阅读:必胜客和肯德基都要卖人造肉产品
- 双语美文阅读:人类首次造出六边形的盐
- 双语美文:无家可归的大学生活 是命运对我最好的赏赐
- 双语美文:深呼吸,然后相信
- 双语美文:简单的赞美 好过一切套路!
- 双语:日本陷入经济衰退了
- 双语:星巴克的瓶装星冰乐,一直被误解了
- 双语美文:有时候,快乐不必舍近求远
- 科学家创造出一种新植物,一辈子都会发光
- 双语美文:坐在我身后的那家人 谢谢你们
- 双语美文:做自己就好
- 肯德基新推出人造素食炸鸡,大受好评
- 养蜂是个不环保的产业,对人类和蜜蜂都有害
- 新研究:女人在职场中更需要被人喜欢
- 双语美文:生命是一场荣耀的冒险
- 双语美文:仰望日出的鹿
- 黄庭坚《水调歌头·游览》我欲穿花寻路 直入白云深处
- 黄庭坚《品令·茶词》恰如灯下 故人万里 归来对影
- 杜荀鹤《溪兴》山雨溪风卷钓丝 瓦瓯篷底独斟时
- 储光羲《张谷田舍》一径入寒竹 小桥穿野花
- 赵嘏《寒塘》晓发梳临水 寒塘坐见秋
- 蔡确《夏日登车盖亭》纸屏石枕竹方床 手倦抛书午梦长
- 李峤《书》河图八卦出 洛范九畴初
- 刘长卿《饯别王十一南游》长江一帆远 落日五湖春
- 韦庄《章台夜思》芳草已云暮 故人殊未来
- 卢纶《宿澄上人院》竹窗闻远水 月出似溪中
- 孟浩然《留别王侍御维》只应守寂寞 还掩故园扉
- 苏轼《南乡子·送述古》归路晚风清 一枕初寒梦不成
- 王维《木兰柴》秋山敛馀照 飞鸟逐前侣
- 王维《栾家濑》跳波自相溅 白鹭惊复下
- 苏轼《少年游·润州作代人寄远》对酒卷帘邀明月 风露透窗纱
- 苏轼《行香子·过七里濑》一叶舟轻 双桨鸿惊 水天清 影湛波平
- 王维《汉江临泛》江流天地外 山色有无中
- 柳宗元《溪居》晓耕翻露草 夜榜响溪石
- 杜牧《赠宣州元处士》蓬蒿三亩居 宽于一天下
- 项鸿祚《清平乐·池上纳凉》水天清话 院静人销夏